Thursday, November 24, 2011

Creative Writing Workshop Prompt

Birds chirping sounds clumsy into Malique's mind. Durian's leaves dancing smoothly in the brown orchard of his late father. There's lots of durian, means lots of money than he could get to buy some new clothes for his sisters, for Hari Raya, just around the corner, in just few weeks to go. their shabby baju kurung was the same baju kurung that they wore on a day before the sorrowness day in their life; death of their father in an accident. That baju kurung with tiny pink roses was a gift from their late beloved father, a day before Hari Raya, three years ago. "I wish I can kissed my father rough hands, kissed his forehead, and lay down on his lap. I'm really missed you. Your smile, your care, and your fierce is sweetest lullaby for me". The crystal pearls sliding like glasier from his tired eyes."It was rain, I should bring these durian back before the cloud became more evil". Malique let his tears drop in the heavy rain, let him sorrow in the rain of happiness.